The Pioneer

The Pioneer

• January 16WOHS Poetry Out Loud Finals will be held TODAY afterschool in the Little Theater at 3:30

• January 12National Girls & Women in Sports Day: Come cheer on the WOHS Girls Basketball teams in honor of this day on Feb 1 in the Tarnoff Gym starting at 5:30pm

• January 1290 Minute Delay: WO Public Schools will be undergoing a 90 minute delayed opening on Wednesday, Jan 16

Winter Fashion Trends for Girls

Rachel Favetta, Student Journalist

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Dads are falling off ladders trying to hang the lights, moms are putting up the tree tree. There’s baking,there’s cleaning, there’s singing but, what are the teenagers doing? They are looking for the most stylish outfits to wear this holiday. Well girls, look no more, here are some of the trendiest things for girls to wear this winter.

Denim Jackets

People are loving the acid washed jean jackets, similar to the ones 90s character, Kelly Kapowski from Saved By the Bell wore.  They are incredibly stylish, and comfortable as well. Nothing beats an old-fashioned jean jacket, and ladies, the 90s are back!

Velvet Knee High Boots

Whether it’s because popular pop singer Ariana Grande rocks these or they keep girls’ legs warm, velvet, knee high boots are a must for this holiday season. Not only are they super chic, but they are affordable. These expensive looking shoes are only 37$ at Forever 21, and worth the money!

Black Distressed Jeans

Another style that is super in right now are black ripped jeans. Some people don’t like the idea of ripped jeans in the winter, but black absorbs heat from the sun, making it easier to stay warm for the winter. When looking for a simple look with a classy yet comfortable vibe, black ripped jeans are the way to go. Not only that, but black goes with everything!

Checkered Vans

These classic old-school shoes are checkerboard vans. These vans, like black jeans go with everything. They can be rocked with a dress, jeans, even a toga, and still look good. They keep your feet warm and are still breathable, these are a must for the winter season.