The Pioneer

The Pioneer

• September 17WOHS will be administering the PSATs to 10th and 11th Graders on October 10th

Google Home Mini Review

Chibueze Nnodim, Politics Editor

¨Hello Google. Okay Google. Hey Google.¨

Very recently Google has introduced the new Google Home Mini to the market. The Google Home Mini is a new attractive version of the Google Home which is a home assistant for your everyday use. Setting reminders, asking random questions or getting the weather are all features that are compacted within the Google Home Mini. Compared to the competition like the Amazon Echo, the Google Home Mini holds its leverage in design with a sleeker look and bolder colors. The variety of colors that the Mini comes in are chalk, charcoal, and coal that are either meant to blend into the room, or give a pop of color in a sleek design.

Some heavy competition that the Google Home Mini faces are the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot, which are providing similar talk back features in both devices. In terms of pricing, the Google Home Mini has a much more cost effective price for its market. Coming in at $50.00, it holds a fair market price because of the credibility that Google has compared to other companies like Amazon. With automated home controls, Google now has the power to control your home by allowing you to command it to watch Netflix and Hulu all by the sound of your voice. Overall the competition remains neck and neck as to whose product runs the market.

To accompany the Google Home Mini, Google has produced an entire line of new home devices including the Google Home, Google Home Max, Google Wifi, and has also paired with Nest to produce thermostats, and Home Security Cameras to amplify it’s approach to be more home friendly. The product’s campaign to make life a little easier has brought upon a new perspective of where the industry plans to go in the near future.

11 years ago Apple released the first iPhone which today holds it spot as one of the top technology advances used by millions today. As for Google, there is an expectation to be followed after the Google Home release, and Google has surely made a step in the right direction with the release of the Google Home Mini.