Collage Concert Announcement

WEST ORANGE, Nj — Due to recent events in Parkland, Florida; we the students of West Orange High School feel it is imperative to act. For too long, the nation has remained stagnant on the topic of gun control. Activism catalyzes change, and accordingly, change opens the minds of many. The Band Council would like to extend an invitation to the staff and students of West Orange High School to participate and attend a collage concert: A Concert for the March For Our Lives” on March 23 at 7:00pm in the Tarnoff Gym. (A collage concert traditionally features many types of artistic mediums.)

The purpose of the concert is to raise awareness for upcoming National March For Our Lives events on Saturday, March 24, and will also serve as a fundraiser for the Stoneman Douglas High School community. No longer will we stand by and hope that others will push for necessary reform. No longer will we encourage change, yet accept lying stationary on political sidelines. It is time that we take a stand as a country, as a school, and as a unified community to do our part in enacting change. We encourage those in attendance at the concert—and those not in attendance—to do their part in attending the March for Our Lives events taking place on March 24. The national march is in Washington D.C. and there are local marches being held in West Caldwell, Newark, Morristown, and New York City.

Any student or staff member that would like to contribute in any way to the event should contact seniors Bryan Montoya ([email protected]), Eduardo Fajardo ([email protected]) or Band Director Lewis Kelly ([email protected]).

Mountaineers, in the words of Mahatma Gandhi:

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”