Why Freshmen, Juniors and Seniors are Cancelled… Not Sophomores

The class of 2022 is probably the only grade that isn’t cancelled. They really have nothing going on but prepare for the future.

Around late 2019, the first case of Coronavirus (as the officials call it COVID-19) was reported. Adults were confused as to what was going to happen in the future, while students didn’t care at all and wanted schools to close. Fast forward about 3 months, over 180,000 people have the virus and about 4,000 have died  (in the US), and students are complaining and crying since they are stuck in quarantine at home when they were the ones who didn’t want school in the first place.

High school is the stage preparing you for college and your own future life. But with the coronavirus, it changes everyone’s plans. Here’s how the coronavirus is affecting each grade:

Seniors:

The class of 2020 were proud they made it up to this point. They were only months away from getting their diploma, going to prom with their dates,  and making their senior year memorable. Oh it’s memorable alright. In this case, senior year is cancelled. They have to now graduate on their laptops. Girls have their expensive prom dresses that they’re going to return since they’re going nowhere but having prom at home. Even seniors on Tik Tok are dressing up for their followers since they are the only ones who are going to see their outfits.

Juniors:

The class of 2021 have been studying for their SAT/ACT for months. They even have their SAT/ACT scheduled to take and had college visits for their future. Therefore, they wasted 5 months of studying for a test and ended up not taking it. They wasted their own time.

Sophomores:

Freshmen:

The class of 2023 are the newbies of the school. They put their dedication into their first year of high school, when actually it isn’t a full year for them. So sad.

It’s funny how students were happy they didn’t have school but ended up missing their friends and school.