West Orange High School 2019 Homecoming

Homecoming is an annual event when high school alumni are invited back to their Alma maters to celebrate the bond they once shared with their high school. In honor of homecoming, there are dances, football games and other events to welcome back alumni. 

On Friday, October 11th 2019, the West Orange High School Mountaineers participated in these activities as they took on the Jaguars of East Orange for their Homecoming game. There was a lot of anticipation and excitement for this rivalry game, with a record breaking number of over 400 fans in the stands. Unfortunately, the Mountaineers came up just short of a win, with a 8-6 loss in overtime. 

Before the game began, the Homecoming Court was honored and the 2019 King and Queen were announced. The Homecoming Queen nominees were Natalie Nevins, Kaia Baker and Giovanna Winning. On the other hand, Brett Zeligson, Elijah Millington and Julian Lee were nominated for Homecoming King. All six were highly qualified, respected, student-athletes who fit all of the criteria to make a phenomenal homecoming King and Queen. 

When it was all said and done, Kaia Baker was crowned the West Orange High School 2019 Homecoming Queen. Baker is a four year varsity tennis player, student council president, and a member of the National English, Math, Science and History Honors Society. Meanwhile, Julian Lee was crowned Homecoming King. Lee is captain of the Varsity Baseball team and is currently taking many AP and Honors level courses. 

An Honorary King and Queen were also crowned, as part of a West Orange tradition. Myles Jones was the Honorary King and Raven Duke Livingstone was the Honorary Queen.

All in all, the excited, energized, atmosphere of the game matched the level of the Homecoming nominees. All were equally deserving of the crown and represented West Orange High School phenomenally.