Meet the Staff: Samantha Nunez

To start us off, tell me a bit about yourself, Sam.

My favorite color is pink; I’m 5’5; I watch Netflix and Youtube a lot, and I really like shopping; I’ve really been enjoying Kali Uchis and Ariana Grande’s music recently, and I prioritize self care. 

Q: What after school clubs are you in?

A: Cheerleading (first year) and newspaper club, which is a part of the class. 

Q: What do you guys do at cheer because of quarantine?

A: Yesterday [the 17th of September] we were just going over the cheers. I’m a base and I’m supposed to hold the flyer and push their ankles up. 

Q: What are you most excited for Senior Year?

A: I think I’m excited to visit college campuses and just enjoy the last moments with my friends. 

Q: What is your favorite memory of high school so far?

A: My favorite memory of high school was when the teacher was done teaching and we were able to hangout and talk until the end of class. I would record us talking on my phone while laughing and smiling. These were the best moments of high school for me and I will forever cherish it. 

Q: And your least favorite memory of high school so far?

A: My least favorite memory of high school was the first day of freshman year. I was so small and I didn’t know where any of my classes were so it was a bit scary for me. On the second floor there is an intersection where two hallways meet and it almost makes “a circle” and so many kids were stuck because people were confused. This was one of the most stressful days of my life.

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite class?

A: Geometry is my favorite and my least favorite is probably physics. 

Q: Do you have any siblings? Did they give you any advice for when you were entering school?

A:I have an older brother. He told me to be careful of the choices you make in high school.

Q: What are your goals for this school year?

A: My goals for this year are to improve in all of my classes and try to get straight A’s. This is the year that matters for me since colleges look at your junior year grades, so I’m looking forward to doing well.

Q: On the topic of colleges, what universities are you interested in applying to?

A: I do hope to apply to NYU and/or Penn State. They are both great schools and are close to home so it would be a good option for me to think about. I’m also thinking of going to some other campuses once things calm down with COVID, that way when next year comes by, I can decide where to go.

Q: What’s your biggest fear about high school?

A: That my GPA won’t be as high as I want it to be. 

Q: What pushes you to work harder in school? Who are your supporters?

A: What pushes me to work hard in school is the motivation of becoming someone in the future. Without school I wouldn’t be educated on important things throughout history. My mom and dad are one of my biggest supporters as they push me to work harder each year at school.