Safety At WOHS Based On A Poll

Safety At WOHS Based On A Poll

WEST ORANGE, Nj — On a recent poll found on wohspioneer.org, five out of 20 voters said that they do not feel safe at West Orange High School (WOHS). This is the opinion of 25% of the almost 1% of the entire school who voted. That’s about 0.25% of the whole student body who do not feel safe here. However, it is still vital to know how the environment of this school makes those in it feel so new ways to improve it can be found.

I feel safe in the high school,” said WOHS senior Cameron Gart. “I think that most of the students care about others, and are not looking to hurt anyone in any way.

These days, it seems like the main concerns the students have include schoolwork, college preparations, and scheduling. The actions of the people here do not seem to have much effect on others. “I do feel safe at West Orange High School,” says senior Erick Castro. “There isn’t anything that scares me for the most part aside from leaving my ID at home. The other students here aren’t anything to be afraid of at all.”

WOHS has not received many, if any, bullying reports over the past few years. Many students spend a good chunk of their time at school learning about bullying and why it encompasses every form of wrong. As a result, many teenagers know that nobody will tolerate bullying. So it would appear that bullying is not what’s making some of us feel unsafe. If you however feel unsettled about anything at school, please notify your guidance counselor and/or your parents/guardians immediately.